Accordingly, by 2030, strive to build Da Nang city into one of the major socio-economic centers of the country and Southeast Asia as a center for start-up, innovation, tourism, commerce, finance, logistics, hi-tech industry, information technology and supporting industries; one of the country's high-quality cultural - sports, education - training, medical and scientific and technological centers; center for organizing regional and international events; seaport city and international maritime urban area with the core of urban chain and growth pole of key economic zone of Central - Highlands region; To become an ecological, modern and smart city, a livable city, a strong party organization and political system, a pioneer government in innovation and development, and city where people with a standard of living leading the country with a good quality of life, friendliness, happiness and creativity; national defense, security, and sovereignty of the sea and islands are firmly guaranteed.
By 2030, Da Nang City strives to achieve the following targets:
- The economic growth in the period of 2021-2030 is expected to reach 12% / year.
- The economic structure: service sector 67-68%, industry and construction 31-32%, agriculture 1%.
- The projected population is about 2.5 million people (including converted), of which the official population forecast (excluding visitors) is about 1.5 million.
- The rate of additional employment will reach 5-5.5% / year, the rate of trained labor will reach over 70% by 2030.
- The rate of solid waste collected and treated is expected to reach 100%, the rate of waste water collected and treated before being discharged into the environment will be 80%.
- Rate of urban greenery: 6-8m2 / person;
- The percentage of rural population using hygienic water is expected to reach 100%.
- Forest cover is estimated at 45%.